Monday, September 20, 2010

The power of identification

We don't usually post personal tales here--but here is one from this evening.

A neighbor came by my house this evening with a lovely dog that she had found while walking her own dog. I currently have four dogs in my house (three are mine, plus a foster), and I cannot hold on to another dog right now while looking for an owner.

My neighbor has a rescue dog, too, and has met many of my fosters as well as other dogs that I've found. Together we were able to remove the dog's collar, contact the owner, and hold a reunification in the yard in about five minutes! The owner had been out looking for his girl for more than three hours and was just delighted to hear from us!

Three cheers for identification! To the owner of this lovely dog--thank you SO much for having ID on your dog! We were so happy to be able to reunite you with your pup so quickly! To my neighbor--three cheers for you for helping this dog!

Yay ID! Yay neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment